Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Prayer Board Project

I finished a big hybrid project just in time for Easter. I made a prayer board for the family fridge. It holds pictures of our family members, including grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins, to be switched out every day. A friend of mine made one for her kids several years ago and I've always kept it in mind for when I had kids old enough to appreciate it. It was easy peasy to do it digitally!


First I made a 12X12 scrapbook page and left enough space for a picture, a tab with the person (or couple's) name, and a pocket to hold all the pictures. I printed the page and cut a small slit on the top and the sides of the pocket to hold the pictures. I also had some pictures printed and trimmed them to 4X4. I glued the page down to a 12X12 cardboard, leaving room inside the pocket for the pictures. I printed some tabs, adhered velcro to the pictures and tabs, and magnets to the back of the board and I was done! When not in use, the pictures and tabs are velcroed together and stored in the pocket. I plan on making more to give as gifts, especially to our godchildren.


Here is what the page looks like printed:


And here is the completed prayer board up on our fridge:



Credits: Mandy Mystiques' Little Back Pocket; Cori Gammon's Nicholas alpha; Cross element from Misty Cato & Julie Billinger's Because He First Loved Us kit

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this project! I bet you could sell something like this. Great job! I have one of these on my "list of things to make someday"...haha....it's a long list but I'll get through it some day. :)

    ReplyDelete